Pumpkin soup is such an Autumnal Classic, and there is just no comparison. It is so tasty and so good for you too!
You can make this soup vegan by simply using Vegetable stock instead of Chicken Stock, there is no dairy in there and it is still so creamy!Roast Pumpkin Soup (Serves 4)
224 Calories per serving
Flesh of 1 small Pumpkin cut into 5cm chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp raw coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1.2 litres Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
Small handful of fresh sage leaves, chopped, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan.
2. Place the pumpkin in a baking tray or roasting tin, add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and toss together. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook for 5 minutes or until the shallot is translucent.
4. Add the roasted pumpkin and the stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Check for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
5. Blend the soup until smooth in a food processor, or in the pan using a stick blender, and garnish with the chopped sage before serving.
A tasty meal on a cool, Autumnal day. Let us know if you try it, and tag us on Instagram @thenicecreamco. Have a lovely day x